We all have heard about protein shakes, and many of you might even consume them as part of your daily diet to recover from injuries, lose weight, and build muscles and tissues.
Even though there are a number of items that provide you plenty of protein, such as meat, milk, poultry, chickpeas, Peanuts and similar food items for the same family line, often meeting the daily optimum goal of protein in a balanced diet becomes hard, which is why many people resort to protein shakes, to make up for the Lack of protein supply in their daily diet. However, Do they actually make up for the Lack of protein? If you ask the very question and many others..e Which protein shakes are good for you? What are the healthiest ones, and when is the best time to consume protein shakes? Today’s article focuses on which protein shakes are effective for Muscle gain and weight loss.
What Does Insufficient Protein Mean For You?
As per the expert nutritionists, a Lack of protein can cause multiple symptoms whose severity depends highly on the level of deficiency:
- Increased Cravings for protein as the body tries to reach the optimum level of protein.
However, even in case of significant deficiency, the signs might increase as high protein deficiency can lead to
- Losing Muscle mass.
- Hair might start to get thinner.
- Fragile nails.
- Bloating of the stomach.
- In extreme cases, it can lead to liver failure.
- It might stunt your growth.
While Lack of protein intake is the leading contributing factor to protein deficiency, there could be underlying reasons, which is why we would recommend consulting a doctor if you experience any of the symptoms.
What Are Protein Shakes and How Do They Work?
As per the guidelines of the FDA (Food and drug administration), anything that contains dietary ingredients such as fat, carbs and amino acids can be called dietary supplements. Since protein shakes have protein elements and amino acids which act as building blocks, they can also be referred to as dietary supplements. These Dietary Supplements are enriched with protein which helps build torn muscles.
Whenever we exercise or work out, our body fibers are torn, and the existing amino acids and protein are key nutrients used in maintaining, building, and repairing muscles. There are 20 different types of amino acids available in protein, all of which are essential to muscle building.
What Protein Shakes Are Good For Weight Gain
Under ideal circumstances, you should rely on natural sources to boost your protein intake, and we would not recommend making protein powders your only source of protein. Protein shakes should only be used to compliment your muscle growth. Since Most protein shakes are made of a mix of processed and unprocessed food sourced from natural and unnatural sources, it is evident that you purchase protein powders from a trusted source. Nevertheless, Since most protein shakes are rich in protein, carbs and enzymes that boost your body’s metabolism, it can become relatively easier to gain weight, making them a complimentary part of your diet. The research indicates consuming an extra 3500kcal per week can help you gain a pound each week. And Below mentioned protein powder could help you achieve the desired calorie intake.
- Total Mass Matrix Extreme: Protein Works’ total mass extreme contains tri-blend protein that delivers 53g of protein per serving and a total of 966k cal with each serving. This is specifically designed to provide the pre and post-workout boost needed and to negate fatigues. Among all the mentioned protein-based diets, the total mass matrix extreme delivers the most nutrients required for strength per calorie.
- Brown Rice Protein: This Protein is purely plant-based, but unlike the earlier times, it does not necessarily mean that you would have to compromise on the quantity of protein. The Plant-based protein comes packing 26.0 g of protein, 0.2g of fat and 1.7 g of carbs with each serving and delivers a colossal 117kcal with each serving, perfect when paired with a weight training program.
- Vegan Mass Gainer extreme: The High Calorie and Protein enriched protein supplement is solely plant-based and delivers 50g of protein along with 740 kcal per serving, ideal for muscle and weight gainers.
What Protein Powders Are The Healthiest:
It is important to read the labels for obtaining protein powder for muscle building and weight gain. Most Protein powders include a protein source such as whey, casein or meat-based. There are also enzymes included in the protein powders to boost metabolism and healthy digestion. Nonetheless, it would be best if you are looking for these ingredients in your protein powder for a great workout and protein boost.
- Soy Protein
- Plant-based blends.
- Brown rice
- Pea Protein
- Hemp Protein
- Omega-3 and fatty acids.
- Branched-chain amino acids BCAAs
- Hydroxy methyl butyrate (HMB)
It begs the question: are there any bad kinds of protein shakes for you? As per a study conducted by medical practitioners and scientists at Harvard. There are certain risks related to a protein powder that you should be aware of before you head out shopping. Some protein powders have added sugars which can result in an unhealthy spike in sugar levels. However, due to limited data available, scientists can not come to a definitive conclusion.
Nevertheless, The FDA leaves it up to the manufacturers to evaluate the labelling and safety of the products, which is why it is evident to source your protein powders from a trustworthy and reliable manufacturer like protein works which has garnered thousands of reviews from individuals and have been featured at men’s health, the guardian and good food by BBC. When good protein powders are consumed with relevant weight training programs, they can result in beneficial mass and muscle gain.